If you are connecting to Flow from an Enterprise Network environment, you may have some difficulty signing in or viewing specific content due to heightened firewall security and web traffic monitoring.
Potential Problems Caused by Restricted Networks
- Unable to connect to the Dashboard or your webinar environment successfully:
(you could see the following error message)
- Upon logging in, you only see a blank web page
- The user is unable to enter after entering the login code (nothing happens when clicking enter
- You are unable to see or hear video or audio in the webinar environment
What is the WebRTC Connection Test?
Flow platform uses WebRTC for media streaming. As a host/presenter, your computer, as well as the network (internet and local connection), must support WebRTC. Your internet and local network must allow support for the following.
- All UDP ports - outbound
- WS/WSS protocol
- STUN/TURN protocols
- WebRTC blockers such as browser extensions must be disabled
- Ports mentioned in the "What do I do if I have a poor connection?" section
The WebRTC Connection Test performs these readiness checks for you. If it fails, you have to allow these protocols and disable any restrictions.
For the best experience, please follow these guidelines if you are on an Enterprise/Corporate Network if you experience any connection errors, and contact your IT department and give them the following information:
- Be sure to run our Flow Speedtest and Connection Checker below to ensure your connection is sufficient for viewing Flow-hosted webinars:
- Before signing into a Flow Webinar, please disconnect from all VPNs or connections to external networks
This will help eliminate problems caused by additional security protocols put in place on these networks that could disrupt communications in Flow.
- Make sure the domain *.flowapp.com is allowed through your network firewalls and all anti-virus software on your computer and network
- Your network must support the following protocols
- Relevant UDP ports -outbound
- Also, ensure that you have the following network ports open in your personal and network firewalls:
- TCP 80/443
- UDP 80
- UDP 53
- Disable or re-configure any browser extensions or plugins that may filter/block browser traffic, such as:
- WebRTC Blockers
- Pop-up Blockers
- Ad Blockers
- Anti-virus or Anti-malware Plugin
- Ensure you are on a wired connection if possible, especially when presenting, to allow for the fastest most stable connection to our servers.
If you or your IT department representatives have any questions or problems after following these steps, please contact our Customer Support at email@example.com.