The Webinato Application is a separate desktop application developed to handle your webinar needs without the need to install and manage Flash Player as you do with standard web browsers.
This guide will walk you through the installation on Mac OS; for Windows installation instructions, click HERE, for Linux installation instructions, click HERE.
Compatibility: This application supports being run on modern versions of macOS (including Catalina) for the best experience. The instructions below are based on a Catalina installation.
You can install the Webinato app in two ways. One way is using the download link. The other is when you log into a Webinato webinar. In this article, both scenarios are discussed.
- Download the installer from https://github.com/Webinato/WebinatoMacInstaller/releases
- Always choose the most recent version at the top
- Download the WebinatoMacSetup.dmg
- Locate the download file - in most cases, it is in the Downloads folder
- Start the installation by double-clicking the file
- When prompted, drag the software icon to the Applications folder
- If it requires permissions, please allow when requested
Testing the Installation
- Go to the Applications folder in your Mac
- Double-click the Webinato icon to open the application for the first time
- You should see the following page. You can close the initial prompt by using the Orange X button
Installing for the First Time from the Login Page
- Open any login page using a standard browser. For Mac, we recommend Safari. A login page can be a direct link or a single sign-on link.
- You will be presented with the following options:
- Click Use Webinato Application button to start the installation.
Note: If the application is already installed, then you can immediately open it to the correct page by clicking the Open Webinato button. Otherwise, you will need to go through the on-screen instructions to install the program for the first time.
- Click Cancel and then click the link Download the Webinato Application dmg file link
- When you click the link Download the Webinato Application dmg file link, the setup file will be downloaded (in most cases, it will be downloaded to the Downloads folder).
- Double-click the dmg file to open the installation window in your Finder
- Drag the Webinato Icon onto the Applications folder icon to copy it there
- If it requires permissions, please allow all
Testing the Installation
- Close the application and return to the original download page in your browser
- Click the [HERE] link or reload the page to access the page via the Webinato Application
- The app should launch automatically and take you to the login page